The Prototype Technician is responsible for developing/constructing prototype boats, introducing them into production, and troubleshooting technical engineering related production issues.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participate in the DFMA (design for manufacturability and assembly) process throughout the development cycle by identifying potential production issues on prototype boats, systems, or components. Ensure completeness of information to build the prototypes and production boats.
- Participate in boat performance and durability testing.
- Lead the training of production members in the integration and manufacture of new models, features, options, or engineering changes.
- Troubleshoot and devise corrective action for engineering related production issues. Ensure those changes are communicated and documented to the Documentation group for production documentation.
- Develop and build jigs and fixtures, patterns, templates, photos, or other documentation as appropriate and ensure all information is communicated to the Documentation group.
- Provide feedback to the Documentation group regarding the Build Books.
- Build prototype assemblies, components, mock-ups, and complete prototype boats based on engineering prints or instructions from engineering team members.
- Participate in the dealer meeting.
- Assists in creating and auditing BOM with Project Manager during prototype construction.
- Maintain a clean, organized, and safe working environment.
- Support manufacturing as necessary to execute manufacturing tasks.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor for which employee is qualified and/or capable of performing.
Minimum 5-7 years production boatbuilding, prototype development, and product testing experience required. Formal training or certification in mechanical and engine systems preferred.
Job is full-time, day shift position with normal work hours of 6am to 2:45pm. Overtime may be required to meet production requirements. Overtime can occur before shift, after shift and on Saturday mornings.
Benefits include health, dental, vision, free and voluntary life insurance, supplemental plans, 401(k) with company match, paid holidays and vacations.
Post-offer, pre-employment testing includes drug testing.
Please email resume and salary requirements.
Blackfin Boats is a drug free workplace and an equal opportunity employer.